Friday, January 14, 2011

The Inevitable Flowers in a Vase

Flowers in a Vase
So, I thought it was time to learn how to use a palette knife, and with the assistance of friend Em, was able to manipulate the knife enough to have a go at some flowers.  So here is the inevitable flowers in a vase.  I don't think the camera has actually done justice to the colours unfortunately.  This is a mixed media painting, with collage.
















For Prue

Then I decided I needed to do a pastel version also in mixed media, so here it is.  This one is titled "For Prue" as it includes as collage a small exerpt from a newspaper article written by my friend Prue about gardening.  Prue is the local "Gardening Guru" so I thought it was appropriate to include her article in my painting.  I have included the detail as a small inset photo below.




Inset Detail


1 comment:

  1. wonderful! well done :) I just cant get over how great you are with colours. Em

    ReplyDelete