Thursday, March 17, 2011

An Abstract (Barb Style)

As I mentioned some time ago I am studying painting at TAFE, and part of our course a few weeks ago required us to paint an abstract using a formula of some straight lines, circles, zigzags, and curved lines.  This is the painting I did in class - rough but quite interesting.

TAFE Class Work - abstract

As a result of that I decided I needed to do a real canvass abstract at home.  For my colour scheme, I thought I would try an analagous colour scheme in the blue/blue-green/violet/red violet range.  However, when I put the painting together I thought it was pretty boring, so I decided to ditch it.  Which led me to throwing the rest of my leftover paint at it, using a palette knife (my absolute favourite tool).  I began to like it, and then added some extra colour with a little lemon and some magenta.  I still reckoned it needed something, so after a little thought I decided to sew some very very bright orange string onto it as well.  (I have been wanting to sew onto a painting for a while, and this was my first attempt!!) So here it is - unfortunately the photo is not so good!!
"Orange string"




No comments:

Post a Comment