Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mixed Media - Going Shopping


"Going Shopping" or alternatively "Face in the Window"
 It was time to have another go at a mixed media using collage and acrylic.  This painting originated from a photo of a painting by collage artist Mike Bernard (who does heaps of paintings of buildings), but once I got going on it, I thought the original needed something extra, so I added the lady on the rickety old ladies bicycle.  Then a couple of days later, I added the little dog, which I now think really finished the painting off. 

I have used newspaper to give texture to the walls and road surface, serviettes with aqua surrounds for the windows of the shop, and cutouts for the shop names, some of the washing on the line, and the face in the window upstairs.  The little dog was also a find on the internet, and I have painted over the original cutout to give more texture to it.  How many dogs have you seen running along the street, just like this one, chasing after a bicycle?

No comments:

Post a Comment